Some desserts have the charm to bring us back in childhood…
Thus, eating a vanilla cream remind me those vanilla desserts I use to eat when I was a child. Nothing too extravagant then, simply a smooth vanilla custard.
Only a few ingredients are needed for this recipe, so do not hesitate to focus on quality. Choosing whole milk and organic eggs will make all the difference and will make your vanilla cream even better !
PETITS POTS DE CREME A LA VANILLE
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Ingredients (for 6)
4 egg yolks
50cl or 2 cups whole milk
1 vanilla bean
80g or 3 oz sugar
1. Preheat the oven 150°C/2/300°F.
2. In a bowl, beat egg yolks and the egg. Add sugar and stir until frothy (about 3 min).
3. In a saucepan, heat gently (without boiling) the milk with the vanilla bean, split in two. Remove the pod and pour the hot milk over the eggs. Mix well.
4. Butter 6 ramekins and divide the preparation. Arrange them in a baking dish, pour water in the pan halfway up. Cook in a water bath for 30 minutes.
5. When cooked, let aside in the refrigerator. Served cooled.